I wanted to share 7 tips to happier work. We will spend about 28,300 hours during our lifetime working at a business or job to earn money to live. People that hate their work are not successful, unhealthy, struggle with relationships and are not very pleasant to be around. Since we all have to work that many hours, doesn’t it make since to enjoy our work? Here are 7 helpful tips to being happy with our work.
- Find Work You Love—It has been said that if you find doing some you love, you will never work a day in your life. Very true. What is your definite chief aim in life? Find it and begin loving your work.
- Smile—Smiles are contagious. The Law of Attraction does work for you or against you. If you smile and choose to be happy, you will attract happy people into your life. Life is too short and precious to be sad and angry. Don’t worry be happy.
- Separate Business and Personal—This is much easier said than done, but if you leave personal problems at home and business problems at work, you will find less to stress out over and learn to enjoy your life more. Especially your work life.
- Future Thinking—It is crucial as a business owner and important as an employee to think where work life or your business is heading. The future is bright for those that create it. Use your depth of vision.
- Be Grateful-— It is proven that you cannot move forward with success without being grateful for where you are right now. You will find that being grateful daily leads to more things to be grateful for in your future.
- Accept Change—Henry Ford once said “change is inevitable, but growth is optional”. Worry about change in your control and adapt to the change you cannot control. With every change comes problems, but with every problem comes opportunity. Focus on the opportunities, not the problems.
- Reflect Daily—It is important to reflect on your day every day. Whether it is in prayer, meditation or solace, you must take time to reflect the day’s events. What happened is not as important as why it happened. This is how you evolve, grow and become better as a person.
Start applying these 7 tips to happier work to your daily work and live the life you deserve. Happy is not in our situations, it only exists between our ears! Go choose to be happy today!
Image by iosphere images at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Tim Wilhoit is owner/principal of Your Friend 4 Life Insurance Agency in Nashville, TN. He is a family man, father of 3, entrepreneur, insurance agent, life insurance broker, salesman, sales trainer, recruiter, public speaker, blogger, author and team leader with over 28 years of experience in sales and marketing in the insurance and beverage industries.