As I write blog number 279, I have to reflect on the discipline it takes to write a weekly blog. I started writing blogs in February of 2012 almost every week. It has now became my annual tradition of reporting the year’s most read blogs according to Google Analytics. I do receive interesting feedback from my readers on these blogs being a helpful guide to those that write their own blogs as well. Blog Marketing really works with time, helpful content and persistence. I find it helpful when thinking of subjects to write about starting in 2018 and I hope this helps others as well. My top 5 blogs 2017 are:
- At number one for 2017 was 5 Habits of Successful Insurance Agents. Because a lot of my website traffic comes from LinkedIn and I am connected to several insurance agents all around the country and a few from other countries, this is a hot topic. It was easy for me to write as this blog was my personal observations of over two decades of coaching and training some very successful insurance agents.
- The second most read blog of 2017 was Do You Smoke an Occasional Cigar? This blog was written in 2014 and has been my top most read blog for the past three years and now number two this year. I have to attribute this to Google searches. I stumbled upon a frequently searched word with not a lot of content as it pertains to life insurance. I still get thousands of hits on this blog. It is a testament to time, helpful content and persistence.
- The third most read blog was Getting Divorced and Life Insurance. I had two good friends going through a divorce this year and I was counseling them on the nightmares of stories I have heard through almost 25 years of selling life insurance. I decided this was a good subject to write about because so many people are experiencing this terrible thing. It received thousands of hits because half of marriages end in divorce. I knew it would be a popular subject.
- The fourth most read blog was Accumulate Wealth with The Rule of 72. This blog was also written back in 2014 and was reposted this year for popularity reasons. It has been a top 5 blog every year since 2014. Everyone wants to accumulate wealth but most are just not sure how money really works. This is a simple system to write about using Albert Einstein’s philosophy and findings.
- The fifth and final most read blog of 2017 was Is There Life After Death?. The success of this blog completely lies in the title. This is a very sensitive subject to a lot of people and pure curiosity will bring traffic. This blog has no religious theme, just being prepared with life insurance and a last will and testament.
I hope you find the explanations helpful when writing your blogs in 2018. If you don’t write blogs, now is a good time to start helping your fellow business people. We all have knowledge that is useful to someone else. Please share it.
“Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers.”—Isaac Asimov
Image by cooldesign at www.freedigitalphotos.net
Tim Wilhoit is owner/principal of Your Friend 4 Life Insurance Agency in Nashville, TN. He is a family man, father of 3, grandfather of 2, entrepreneur, insurance agent, life insurance broker, employee benefit specialist, salesman, sales trainer, recruiter, public speaker, blogger, author and team leader with over 30 years of experience in sales and marketing in the insurance and beverage industries.